The time for these classes has changed from morning to afternoon on a Friday. Here’s the new info:
Every Friday 4-5pm – Westminster Gym Studio, 1 Canon Row
These are open to staff at Westminster, including staff of MPs.
6 weekly classes cost £24 or a course of 10 weekly sessions cost £40.00. First class is free!
What can I expect?
Pregnancy is a wonderful and very special time in a women’s life. It can also be a time of fear and anxiety. Birthlight pregnancy yoga is specially adapted for the mum-to-be’s changing body and hormonal balance.
Pregnancy yoga has a host of physical and mental benefits including:
• Toning muscles
• Relieving tension
• Improving circulation which increases blood and oxygen flow to placenta and baby
• Postural awareness and alignment adapted through pregnancy, which helps to encourage optimal fetal positioning
• Opens and stabilizes pelvic joints, to prevent and relieve pelvic pain
• Breath work that balances hormones, focuses mind and encourages relaxation
• Greater strength and flexibility during pregnancy helps make labour easier, faster and less painful
• Stretching and toning of the pelvic floor
• Reduces stress, anxiety and fears surrounding birth and parenthood
• Develops bond between mother and baby before birth
• Builds confidence in birth process and instinctual behaviour
• Balances hormones which can help alleviate and prevent depression.
To book a place please contact: Jo Fletcher x2948 or email her directly at email@example.com
Westminster Gym and the House of Commons Nursery