What’s on in June is now available online for those with access to the parliamentary intranet.
Key events next month include:
- The Spending Review (5 June): a Library specialist talk focusing on the background to the 2013 Spending Review and the public spending choices facing the Government.
- Speaker’s School Council Awards (6 June): celebrating and awarding excellence in school councils.
- Is the Westminster system fit for purpose? (6 June): a lecture chaired by The Rt Hon Baroness Hayman GBE PC, former (and first) Lord Speaker; speakers will include Sir Robert Rogers, Clerk of the House of Commons and Chief Executive, and David Beamish, Clerk of the Parliaments.
- Deaf Awareness half day workshop (11 June): find out more about deaf people and the way they communicate.
- 62nd Westminster Seminar on Parliamentary Practice & Procedure (17-21 June): a detailed course aimed at newly-elected Members and newly-appointed Clerks, designed to enhance the capacity of delegates to work more effectively in their legislatures.
- Drop-in surgeries for Members (18 June): advisory sessions run by the Personnel Advice Service.
For a full list of events happening next month, visit the intranet.