Here’s a scheme which will appeal to lots of W4MP regulars. It’s nothing to do with working for an MP but we just thought many of you out there would be interested.
If it does appeal to you, don’t contact us – get in touch with Victoria Zeeb at Counterpoint (email address below).
50 Foot Women is a graduate mentoring network which aims to bring together inspirational professional women with talented female graduates, establishing themselves in fields such as: political and social research, journalism, the creative industries, education, the voluntary and charity sector, public affairs and social innovation/enterprise.
50 Foot Women involves a one-to-one mentoring relationship for a one year period. During this time, mentors will help mentees explore options, clarify aspirations and set goals. Most importantly, mentors will provide the support, networks and encouragement needed in order for the mentees to develop the confidence and skills to succeed.
- Must have graduated from university within the past three years (2013, 2012, 2011).
- Must be female.
- Must be interested in the professional fields listed above.
- At the moment the scheme is based in London, so while we welcome applications from across the UK, candidates should be aware that mentors are London-based, and therefore the mentee should be able to travel to London regularly.
- Must be able to attend our first ‘meet and greet’ event in London on the 28th of November.
Unfortunately, given the current number of mentors and their specialisms, we will not be able to accommodate everyone. Please be aware that if you are not picked for the programme, this is not reflective of the ‘quality’ of your application. We are looking for outstanding applicants, but also and mainly for those who would gain the most from the guidance and support our mentors have to offer.
Closing Date: 3 November 2013
Start date: Late November 2013
In order to gain a real sense of who you are, our application is of a slightly different kind. Please tell us about yourself (what you do, what you love, where you have been, where you dream of going and what you are looking for in a mentor) in one of the following forms:
- A short video/audio clip (up to 2 minutes)
- A graphic illustration
- A short piece of writing (up to 500 words)
Please send your application to: victoria.zeeb[at]counterpoint.uk.com
We will acknowledge the status of all applications within 2 weeks of the closing date.