The ONE Campaign Youth Ambassadors project is a new initiative that aims to empower more than 100 activists across Europe to campaign locally, nationally and online against extreme poverty.
In this voluntary role, ambassadors will become leaders for the ONE Campaign in their communities and beyond and will carry out a variety of creative and ambitious actions in support of the group’s advocacy work, particularly around the European elections in May 2014.
Ambassadors will have access to a range of campaign and advocacy tools and products, and will receive support to design and develop their own action plans. Ambassadors will be expected to deliver a range of actions not limited to:
- Writing to and meeting your local MP
- Lobbying members of the UK and European Parliament
- Meeting with influential decision-makers
- Campaigning using social media
- Organising and delivering local events/presentations
- Writing letters to local media
- Writing blog posts for the ONE website
- Recruiting new members and attending ONE events
- Beginning of April: Two training days and the Youth Ambassadors’ program ”official kick-off” with the presence of important personalities
- April-June: Lobbying and advocacy actions
- Mid-June: Regional meet-up/Evaluation of progress
- September: European meeting in Brussels with all Youth Ambassadors: remind the elected MEPs of their promises and engagements made before the elections
How to apply?
Send your application with your CV and your cover letter to: email@example.com
ONE encourages anyone between 16 and 35 years old to get in touch, but would also like to hear from outstanding individuals who are over 35 but still young at heart!
Closing date: 2 March 2014.
Start date: Early April
Further information: Please visit https://www.one.org/