A free seminar for those interested in how Parliament scrutinises delegated legislation in the House of Commons and the House of Lords. Delegated legislation deals with subjects as varied as metric measurements, legal aid, standardised packaging of tobacco products, food labelling, building regulations, tax orders and freezing terrorists’ assets. It wi
When: Friday 16 January 2015, 10.30 am to 12.00 pm
Where: Grimond Room, Portcullis House, Westminster
The programme will cover:
Delegated legislation and the House of Commons
- Statutory instruments and the House of Commons
- The work of the Joint Committee on Statutory Instruments
Delegated legislation and the House of Lords
- How statutory instruments pass through the House of Lords
- Scrutiny in the House of Lords
Tracking delegated legislation online: a practical guide
- follow the progress of delegated legislation through both Houses
- track what stage delegated legislation has reached in each House
- discover how to find relevant debates
Please note this seminar will cover the parliamentary processes used for delegated legislation and will not cover policy.
There are limited places for attendees at this event and places are available on a first come first served basis. If a waiting list is formed then this will be distributed on a first come, first served basis, places are non-transferable.