3FF is looking for future community or political leaders to take part in a fully-funded, year-long programme developing leadership skills. ParliaMentors is a UN Award winning leadership programme where teams of university students of different faiths and non-religious beliefs collaborate to create real social change while being mentored by a local MP.
Through expert-led training, support from local and national NGOs and opening up access to Westminster, ParliaMentors gives students the networks and skills they need to affect real change in their communities, in their careers and in the political arena.
The programme involves the chance to:
- See politics in action: Gain a unique insight into the political process while being mentored by MPs and Peers.
- Create social change: Work in mixed-belief teams to create social action projects with support from leading charities.
- Develop leadership skills: Learn through direct experience, expert-led training workshops and events.
- Build networks: Create new professional and personal links and join our 300-strong global network of young leaders.
This year applications are only open to the following nine universities:
- SOAS University
- Queen Mary
- University of Manchester
- Salford University
- University of Nottingham
- Nottingham Trent University
- University of Birmingham
- Birmingham City University
- Coventry University
For more information and to access the online application form click here: www.3ff.org.uk/parliamentors
ParliaMentors runs alongside the academic year, starting in September 2015 and running until June 2016. Applicants must be a current student in the next academic year to apply. The deadline for applications is Friday 27th March, places are limited.