The Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology has published new POSTnotes, which can be found here: https://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/offices/bicameral/post/
The latest topics are:
- 602: Developments in Wind Power
- 601: Sustaining the Soil Microbiome
- 600: Climate Change and Agriculture
- 599: Early Interventions to Reduce Violent Crime
- 598: Advances in Cancer Treatment
- 597: Climate Change & Vector-Borne Disease in Humans in the UK
- 596: Chemical Weapons
- 595: Reservoirs of Antimicrobial Resistance
- 594: Limiting Global Warming to 1.5°C
- 593: Cyber Security of Consumer Devices
HMRC’s next drop-in surgery, to which MPs and staff can bring HMRC-related constituent cases, takes place on 18 June between 11:00 and 13:00 in Room P at Portcullis House.
HMRC experts on tax credits, PAYE and Self Assessment will be available to help resolve cases that your constituents might have raised. They’ll also take away any more complex cases to get these resolved as quickly as possible.
In addition, HMRC policy officials will be available to answer questions on the loan charge.
Upcoming drop-in details:
- 17 July, 11:00 to 13:00 Room: U PCH
“New essential training coming for all Members and Members’ staff which will be Mandatory each year – Please help us test it before launch”.
The new content replaces the existing need for the individual courses and instead wraps all essential training into one package.
We are looking for you to test whether this module is ‘user friendly’ ‘easy to complete’ and ‘and achievable from a time perspective’
Your feedback is really important – your assistance will mean that when we launch, you will already be compliant for the year ahead.
We are planning to test on 4-6 June and 10 June.
Contact email@example.com or call 020 7219 5144 to sign up.”