LIBRARY: Authoritative guides to help in your job, useful links and light reading.
Since it began in 2000 w4mp has commissioned an extensive collection is a of guides to good practice to provide you with advice and support in carrying out the main activities expected of you in your job.
Most guides are written by staff working for MPs; some originate from various House Departments or our good friends in the House of Commons Library.
Guides are constantly being revised and updated so if you do print a guide out please remember to check back from time to time to see if changes have been made.
Navigating the w4mp Library
You can search the whole site, including guides, using the standard search bar or this search box:
Or you can follow these links
- Working for an MP (2010 Guide)
- Welcome to your new job
- You and Your Job: The Facts
- Support in Your Job
- Your Office
- Parliament: Users’ Guide
- Hoby Cartoons for w4mp
- How the place works – Parliamentary Procedure
- Understanding the Parliamentary Stages of a Government Bill
- Moving on – Life after working for an MP
- Staying sane over the summer recess
- Introduction to the Child Maintenance Service – guide for MPs and Staff
- Peers for the Planet
If you would like to see a full list of all guides then we have a Guide Index that you can consult.