This is an automatically generated list of all w4mp Guides for the last five years. Please note that the information and guidance in them may be out of date – they are left as an archive. We have made every effort to keep the old sites accessible, because that makes the Web stronger.
The original w4mp site ran from 2000 to February 2004. You can see it here.
Current guides can be found in the w4mp Library
- Starting Out: Applications, internships and work experience
- Working for an MP (2010 Guide)
- Welcome to your new job
- You and Your Job: The Facts
- Support in Your Job
- Your Office
- Parliament: Users’ Guide
- How the place works” – Parliamentary Procedure
- Understanding the Parliamentary Stages of a Government Bill
- Moving on – Life after working for an MP
- Staying sane over the summer recess
- Introduction to the Child Maintenance Service – guide for MPs and Staff
- Old Guides
- Dean Trench’s Guides
- Favourite Parliamentary Moment of the Year – 2011
- Parliamentary Assistant – The Truth Will Out!
- Sally’s Diary
- Ten things you should never let your MP do
- Livia’s Diary
- Harper Pepperswitch’s Guides
- Correspondence from Jenny
- The Wild and the Wilful: other alt.guides
- 12 months at Westminster – the obstacle course
- Twelve Months in a Constituency Office: In a Cupboard with Snow-Shoes, Street-Lights and Election Frenzy
This note is provided by Working for an MP (w4mp).
Most of the material in Guides is subject to Crown copyright protection. Unless otherwise indicated material may be reproduced free of charge in any format or media without specific permission. This is subject to the material being reproduced accurately and not being used in a derogatory manner or in a misleading context. For more details see our Copyright page