Here you will find a collection of guides to good practice that will offer you advice in carrying out the main activities expected of you in your job that will complement that information and, we hope, help you in your job.
They are constantly being revised and updated so if you do print a guide out please remember to check back from time to time.
You can search the whole site, including these guides, using the standard search bar or this search box:
We also include links to resources that will be of use to staff. Some of these are on the Parliamentary Intranet and can only be accessed if you have an appropriate login.
- Older Guides
- Managing an Internship in Your Office
- Working as an Intern
- Quick Tips to Help You Find a Job Working for an MP
- Working with Wikipedia
- Register of Interests
- The Speaker’s Parliamentary Placement
- Complaints about an MP
- Preparing for a Constituency Surgery
- Ten Things the Library Can Do For You
- Organising Work Experience in an MP’s Office
- Help with Parliamentary Procedures for Staff
- Restoration and Renewal of the Palace of Westminster
Our light-hearted alt.guides are also available
You can also look at our older guides (may be out of date)