Here you will find a collection of guides to good practice that will offer you advice in carrying out the main activities expected of you in your job that will complement that information and, we hope, help you in your job.
They are constantly being revised and updated so if you do print a guide out please remember to check back from time to time.
You can search the whole site, including these guides, using the standard search bar or this search box:
We also include links to resources that will be of use to staff. Some of these are on the Parliamentary Intranet and can only be accessed if you have an appropriate login.
- Setting Up the Office
- Preparing for a Constituency Surgery
- Register of Interests
- Complaints about an MP
- Ten Things the Library Can Do For You
- Help with Parliamentary Procedures for Staff
- Working with Wikipedia
- Organising Work Experience in an MP’s Office
- Managing an Internship in Your Office
- Quick Tips to Help You Find a Job Working for an MP
- Working as an Intern
- Restoration and Renewal of the Palace of Westminster
- How to organise a school visit to Westminster
- How to arrange Gallery Tickets
Many resources are available to MPs staff, including:
Our light-hearted alt.guides are also available
W4MP has been in operation since 2010 and we have published hundred of guides in that time. Many of these have been superseded and removed from our main site, but they can be consulted on our archive site. These are for research purposes and should not be relied upon as a guide to current practice.