Case Management Software
So you are interested in case management software? A number of case management software products are available from private suppliers. Each of these is different and geared to meet a particular need, so it is important that you know exactly what use you want to make of the product before you buy. Costs can vary hugely, too, so it pays to do some research before you buy. For example, find an MP’s office which uses the product which interests you, and ask how it works for them.
Before deciding to use any of these, please consult the Parliamentary Digital Service to ensure compatibility with software supplied by the House of Commons.
Here are brief details of some of the products commonly available. In addition, there are a number which are developed specifically for use by solicitors.
Inclusion in this list does not imply any sort of approval, and you are recommended to undertake your own enquiries. Again, please verify with the supplier.
Packages we are aware of are:
Caseworker.mp is a cloud-based Casework Management software designed specifically for MPs, and is used by many MPs across 9 political parties.
As a cloud-based system there is no software to install. This means the system will work on any device including home computers, Apple Macs, iPads and Android Tablets. Built using the latest Internet technologies with a modern easy to use interface, Caseworker.mp is the next generation of Casework Management software.
Key features include:
- Built at web scale, meaning lightning quick searches and no waiting around;
- Secure, uses the same encryption as internet banking as well as two-factor authentication;
- No need to sync between Westminster and the constituency. You are always using the latest data;
- Centrally-updated Ministerial database including ministerial email contacts;
- Full third party contacts system allowing letters to be auto populated with constituent and recipient information;
- Electoral Register integration speeds up data input;
- Advanced automation means automatic roll searches, auto assignment of emails to existing cases and intelligent auto-suggest;
- Integrated inbox means that you capture information about constituents and their case whilst replying to emails. No more replying to an email and then logging the constituent and case in a separate programme;
- Detailed and easy to use statistics system allows tracking of case types and staff workload as well as trends over time;
- Integrated bulk email system with easy to use segmentation and exports;
- Digital letters, send digitally signed letters on your own letterhead to ministers, third parties and constituents. No more envelope stuffing!
Price: £250 setup, plus a £500 annual hosting and support fee. It is also possible to transfer your existing data over from another provider.
CMITS Case Management, designed by Members for Members
The key to good case management is work-flow, making sure that you can quickly record information, file it and take action accordingly. Sounds simple doesn’t it? However, in amongst recording the information, it’s important to have the confidence that behind the scenes, there is a system taking care of all the mundane stuff that whilst important, can be time consuming.
Having worked with members and their staff since 2002, we at CMITS have gathered a wealth of knowledge regarding case management specific to the needs of caseworkers in the UK parliament. We have taken on board all of the suggestions, recommendations and comments and incorporated them into this brand new version. It’s an innovative, ground-breaking application, designed with the highest levels of efficiency at its core.
Dealing with over 65,000 constituents in the average constituency is, as you would imagine, a challenge. In the good old days when constituents wrote letters to MPs, it took a certain amount of effort to get around to penning a letter about a grievance. But now our digital age, including social media, has heralded a whole new level of access and expectation. The immediacy of the technology means that it’s much easier to raise an issue and expectations of an instant reply have never been higher. Not only do you have to deal with individual email requests for help from constituents but also pressure groups are now very adept at mobilising your constituents to raise issues together. CMITS gives you the ability to quickly identify and respond to campaigns as well as individual constituents.
Contact: Martin P McSweeney
Head of Development
This case management software is the all-in-one solution for councillors, MLAs, AMs, MPs, MSPs and unions. It’s a notebook, address book, email inbox, diary and filing system rolled into one: a place to collect cases, keep track of everyone’s input and solve problems efficiently. The web-based casework software is hosted in the cloud, meaning you can manage your cases anytime, anywhere on your computer, tablet and smartphone.
- Quick and easy to manage casework through our user-friendly interface
- Powerful search means you can find any case, contact, message or file in a flash
- Timely reminders and notifications to follow-up with constituents and officers
- All your tools in once place – no more switching between different applications
- Cloud-based system available everywhere you go, with everything in sync on all devices
- All data stored in the UK and Ireland – no EU/US data transfers
- Unrivalled account protection and data encryption in transit and at rest
- Unlimited file storage
Price: £6.25 per month or £60 per year. They offer a free 30-day trial.
AIMS Advice & Information Management System
The AIMS case management software is produced by Lasa and is widely used by large local authorities, welfare rights services, including Macmillan welfare rights services, national telephone help lines, carers centres, Community and Voluntary Services and small community groups. A new free version of AIMS is available for immediate download from www.lasa.org.uk/aims/download
The AIMS system provides:
- easy to use and ready to go case management
- completely configurable client, problems, work and outcome details
- a suite of standard and design your own reports
- enables document linking and Word integration
- advanced features include automatic reminders, room booking diary, linking third parties, mass communication tools and lots more…
We offer training throughout the year, provide telephone, email and web site support.
Contact: AIMS@lasa.org.uk. Phone: 020 7377 2806
Website: www.lasa.org.uk which includes information on training, support and upgrades. You can also download a demonstration.
Previously supplied by Computing for Labour, CFL Caseworker is no longer available and is no longer supported.