The Members’ HR Advice Service advises Members on all matters related to their employment of staff. They aim to promote good employment practice and deliver a personal and tailored service to MPs by providing them with high quality advice and documentation.
Whilst the Members’ HR Advice Service can only give guidance to Members of Parliament themselves or, if authorised, their office managers, the Members’ HR Advice Service intranet pages contain lots of useful information and links to forms and guides.
They offer a wide range of services, which include:
- Confidential advice to individual Members on all employee relations such as disciplinary and grievances, sickness absence management, poor performance, capability processes and office reorganisation.
- Formal guidance to Members on contractual terms and conditions including maternity and paternity rights, working time regulations, probationary period, recruitment and flexible working.
- Promoting best practice application of employment law and policies and procedures.
A range of tailored template and bespoke documentations to assist members in managing their HR issues.
- The team can support Members at HR meetings held on the parliamentary estate or by telephone if the meetings are held off the parliamentary estate.
- Members may authorise their office managers to handle HR and staffing issues with HR Advice Services.