thisisFINLAND Foreign Correspondents’ Programme
This year’s Foreign Correspondents’ Programme is definitely for you, if you are:
- An aspiring journalist with some work experience in a media house (TV, print or web) or in social media, for example an accomplished blogger or vlogger;
- A citizen or permanent resident of the following countries: Brazil, China, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Mexico, Norway, Poland, Republic of Korea, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States;
- Born between 1986 and 1995;
- Able to work and communicate fluently in English;
- Interested in learning new things, meeting people from different cultures and spending three weeks in a foreign country;
- Excited to become a lifelong friend of Finland!
The programme is intensive, and includes briefings on various subjects, meetings with Finnish professionals and visits to business enterprises, cultural sites and institutions. It also includes a weekend stay as the guest of a Finnish family.
The programme provides an excellent opportunity to learn more about Finland, Finnish society and the Finnish way of life. It also offers the means to enhance your professional skills, as well as expand your network of professional colleagues and international friends.
The scholarship covers the costs of travel to and from Finland, local travel in Helsinki, accommodation and the daily programme, including transportation and some meals. The programme does not cover medical insurance, per diem allowance or meals not listed as part of the programme.
- All application documents should be written in English and include:
- Curriculum vitae including photo
- Sample work or an essay (600-800 words) emphasising your interest in Finland.
The documents should be sent by email to Press Counsellor Pekka Isosomppi, firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 15 March 2015 at 11.59 pm local time. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Interviews at the beginning of April, either in London or via phone/Skype.