The House of Commons Service regularly holds regional open days for constituency staff throughout the United Kingdom.
About the events
The days include:
- an overview of the services that the House provides
- a focus on the services that constituency staff have said matter most to them – access to digital services, learning & development, and the Library
- an opportunity to meet some House staff and ask questions, and to meet other neighbouring constituency staff
- information on office security and contact information
- information from IPSA and contact information
- breakout sessions for you to tell us what you need from the House Service
- access to clerks for procedural advice.
Lunch will also be provided and this, along with the registration period, is intended as a chance to network with the House Service, other constituency office staff in your region and visit ‘stalls’ of services.
IPSA have recognised the day as a training event and as such the costs of travel are eligible to be reclaimed through allowances in the normal way.
Booking (please include name, constituency, Member, dietary requirements):
- To book your place at the regional constituency event in Edinburgh on 30 June, firstname.lastname@example.org by 19 June.
- To book your place at the regional constituency event in London on 22 July, email email@example.com by 15 July.
- Regional Constituency Events intranet page
- Provision programme for the regional constituency event in Edinburgh