The Commons Library has updated its EU referendum hub. The hub includes pre and post-Brexit briefing papers which set out the background to the EU Referendum as well as analysis and comment after the result. There is also a comprehensive reading list bringing together relevant books, articles and think tank and parliamentary publications relevant to the subject.
Now that the UK has voted to leave the EU, what will happen next? This Commons Library briefing paper looks at the immediate consequences of the vote and some of the longer term implications.
- Is the voting binding?
- Will EU law still have effect in the UK?
- Will the UK still contribute to the EU Budget?
- Will immigration be affected?
- Next steps: UK action
- Next steps: EU action
- Could Scotland stay in the EU?
- Legal process
Other recent papers
- EU referendum: impact of an EU exit in key UK policy areas
- EU Referendum: the process of leaving the EU
- EU referendum: UK proposals, legal impact of an exit and alternatives to membership
- Pensions after the EU referendum
- Tax after the EU referendum
- Financial services after the referendum
Where to find these papers
You should be able to find many of these in displays around the Estate (including Norman Shaw North and South, 1 Parliament Street and Tothill Street Cafe)