The Members’ Services Team is running a phone-in Q&A session for MPs’ staff on Thursday 29 October at 2pm. This will take place over MS Teams – please email the Members’ Services Team for the link
The areas we can cover include:
- Support for returning to the workplace
- HR services
- Learning and Development
- Office and personnel security
- Digital resources including MS Teams and remote working
- Constituency engagement
- Wellbeing support
- House services
During the session, you will be given an opportunity to ask questions to the panel and to other MP offices.
The panel will be made up of:
- Chris Sear (Members’ Services Team) who will Chair the meeting
- Georgina Kester (MAPSA)
- Max Freedman (Unite Parliamentary Staff Branch)
- Jenny Symmons (GMB)
- Lyndsey Allen-Trott (Parliamentary Security Directorate)
- Graham Peek (Parliamentary Digital Service)
- Veronica McLaughlin (Parliamentary Digital Service)
Each Panel member will have a couple of minutes to introduce themselves and give you key messages about their area of work. The remainder of the session will be given over to questions and comments from you which the panel will try to answer at the time. Written summaries will be provided after the events for those unable to attend.
We would also love to hear your views on how we could make you feel part of the Parliamentary community.
If you would like to pre-register any questions, you can do so by emailing MST@parliament.uk, but we will also take questions without notice at the event and we will do our best to answer as many as we can during the meeting. We will provide a written answer to any outstanding questions.
We are aware that not all of you will be able to attend so this will be the first of several events at different times of the week.